On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mr...@courier-mta.com>
wrote:

> bit_hi te writes:
>

> TLS_CERTFILE=/etc/courier-imap/imapd.pem
>> TLS_DHPARAMS=/etc/courier-imap/imapd_dhparams.pem
>> TLS_TRUSTCERTS=/etc/ssl/certs
>> TLS_VERIFYPEER=PEER
>>

> This requires the client to supply a valid certificate. With openssl
> s_client, you must specify a valid client certificate file with the -cert
> option.

Thought that with "TLS_VERIFYPEER=PEER" the client certificate was
optional. Nonetheless, the behaviour is the same.

I appreciate your help on this, but STARTTLS is taking too much time to put
to work while SSL/TLS already works (and maybe is safer?).

All the best! And thank you all for your work on Courier!

P.S.: One thing that probably would improve documentation is to mention to
cat the server cert, intermediate and root CA certs and set those as
TLS_CERTFILE.