On 01/01/16 23:39, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> /usr/lib/courier/sbin/imapd references $IMAPACCESSFILE
>
> Right. Looks like a packaging bug. The imapd configuration file
>  should be setting IMAPACCESSFILE.

Thanks Sam and Gordon, I'm actually helping the guy putting some 0.75
*buntu packages together, up from 0.73, and I could not find any
reference to what the -access= arg should be for IMAP. It's only when
I did a "which makeimapaccess" after Gordons message that the penny
dropped. No doubt it works the same as smtpaccess. Could be handy.

These new 0.75 deb packages for "wily" (15.10) are proving ornery
because the packager has changed uid:gid from the previous "daemon"
user that Debian has used for a decade to the more common "courier"
user (in line with Archlinux and maybe RH/Centos). IMAP is working
okay but I'm seeing strange behavior with esmtpd.

I'll announce the packages here when they pass muster.