On Tue 01/Mar/2016 23:36:33 +0100 Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Christopher Rüprich writes:
>
>> I'm using BLACKLISTS='-block=[...],BLOCK2' in /etc/courier/esmtp to
>> check incoming mail against a couple of dns-blacklists. I'd like to make
>> the result available to a maildrop-script in delivery mode, so I can
>> deliver junk-mails directly to the users junk-folder.
>>
>> As far as I know BLOCK2 is not available in delivery mode. In embedded
>> mode, maildrop doesn't allow the xfilter-command, so I also cannot
>> insert an X-Spam-header to pass the result of the check to the delivery
>> module using $/.mailfilters/rcptfilter. Is there any other way to make
>> the content of BLOCK2 available to the delivery module? I feel I am
>> missing something obvious as I'm sure I am not the only one trying to
>> use BLOCK2 in the delivery module.
>
> This would require custom programming. The esmtp server does not deliver the
> message itself. The message gets added to the mail queue, and a separate
> process handles the eventual delivery.
>
> As such, the esmtp server's environment is not accessible when mail gets
> delivered, and in most likelyhood the entire process is gone by then.
>
> A custom courierfilter plugin can add a header to the received mail, based on
> the BLOCK2 environment variable, which will make it available during delivery.
> This will require custom programming.
>
> That's the state of things today. I might be sufficiently motivated to add a
> configurable option to have the contents of BLOCK2, or any other variable, get
> added to the headers of received mail, so that it can be filterable upon
> delivery.

I guess those are the “_IP”, “_TXT”, and “_ZONE” variables mentioned in
http://www.courier-mta.org/couriertcpd.html#idm255210593888

For whitelists, Courier adds an Authentication-Result: dnswl=pass header field.
 It could do the same for blacklists.  However, "dnsbl=pass" would sound
ambiguous to me.  Some different code, such as "dnsbl=bad", may be clearer.

Ale