That would be amazing, Ryan! It's still my dream to get that coworkination
site done. sigh.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:05 AM, Ryan Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Completely agreed, Nick. The uninitiated should be the first priority.
> The blog and this list serve the people who know what's going on, for
> now.
>
> Sorry to jump the gun, but Tara's whiteboard excited a part of my
> brain that tends to run away with those solutions.
>
> I just want to list my support, and for what it's worth, my time.
>
> Peace,
> Ryan
>
> On Nov 7, 2008, at 3:28 AM, nickf wrote:
>

> > Ok, my apologies.  Somehow this thread got turned into "defining what
> > coworking is" and "what features the website should have"... don't get
> > me wrong, those are all great discussion that should happen, however,
> > I want to take this thread back to my original point of a simple
> > website that helps communicate coworking to the media and first time
> > visitors, etc.  People who don't have any idea what "coworking" is and
> > want to learn just the basics.
> >
> > How we write the actual definition and content that goes onto the site
> > is another discussion in it's entirety.. same can be said about what
> > features or tools should exist for coworking... tho I would argue that
> > those tools are not specifically something that should be introduced
> > to first time visitors and the press.  What we're starting to do here,
> > I am afraid, is solutioneer... putting the solution before we fully
> > explore the problem.  The problem here has two parts 1) clarity in the
> > concept to non versed individuals and 2) ease of use in finding that
> > information.
> >
> > If we look at those problems in detail we'll get a little further
> > along to defining the goals of such a website, then, and only then can
> > we bring various solutions to the table for consideration and vet them
> > against the goals of the site.  If they don't match up then we need to
> > consider a different solution.  This will help us keep whatever
> > solution we come up with down to a manageable and achievable size.  We
> > don't need to over engineer this or have some grandiose site with the
> > worlds most perfect definition of what coworking is.. we just need a
> > site that media and the first time users can use, read and understand.
> >
> > - Nick

tara 'missrogue' hunt

Book: The Whuffie Factor: Using the Power of Social Networks to Build Your
Business (
http://www.amazon.com/Whuffie-Factor-Capital-Winning-Communities/dp/0307409503?ie=UTF8
)
Company: Citizen Agency (http://www.citizenagency.com)