Hello Darrin (& Group):

I apologize for barging into this thread -- but I noticed some of
Darrin's comments are similar to my setting/s in Arizona.

I am the Director of the Western Arizona Economic Development District
(WAEDD) for La Paz, Mohave, and Yuma counties.

Full disclosure: I am currently EDA funded for the planning and
development of my District's projects under our current CEDS document
-- so there is some "heavy lift" for getting this project rolling.

I also have several years under my belt with the Small Business
Development Center network in Arizona as a business analyst/counselor.

I am forging a Rural Enterprise Accelerator Program (REAP) and the
Coworking concept is one of the important silos in this REAP project.

REAP is a fancy title for the business incubator 1.0 model.

Currently, I am recruiting champions in the community to lay the
groundwork for Coworking in several (very) rural communities in a
district that encompasses 23,502 square miles.

I have been lurking in the Coworking discussions for 2 years now --
and it is time to move this concept to reality.

The first stop is to marshal all of my business "one-stop"-type
resources (local, state, and regional) into a virtual business
incubator model and then move next into the actual catalyst stage of
Coworking.

I am confident of my ability to engage community stakeholders and
champions to re-purpose property locations to support Coworking.

For Darrin: I would like to share experiences as you grow the
"EntreprenOrrville Center for Business Innovation".

For Danielle: My wife just returned from Burlington (one week) with
her girl friend who grew up in the area (Rutland) and she is really
happy with that area of the world. Good luck!

Cheers!

Alan Pruitt
http://www.waeddblog.info
http://www.waedd.info