Hi Jerome,

Long time, no talk.  I hope BLANKSPACES is going well.

Since June it's been a whirlwind for me here in Atlanta as I found a
partner to launch a coworking space and he was ready to go asap.  He
was someone I've know for almost 3 years and also someone whose
company I've personally been a customer of his for 5 years.  His
company is www.asmallorange.com and it's a web hosting business.

Given our prior conversations I felt I should contact you and let you
know the direction I took. I've been meaning to contact you sooner but
each day has slipped by and it was never as urgent as the urgent
things I had to do for each day.  This weekend I'm finally getting to
some of those less urgent items.

So we opened at Ignition Alley (www.ignitionalley.com) around
September 1st and last week we started signing up members. Our model
turns out to be very different from yours. It seems your approach
based on your website title keywords is to target people wanting to
lease office space; we are catering to tech startup entrepreneurs and
freelancers and we've set our rates much lower than yours; we are
1/5th to 1/10th as expensive as your rates. All our plans are one
price for the month, we don't have long term agreements, and we're
open 24/7. We picked a very inexpensive building and spent as little
as we could to build it out. We are more than anything trying to help
lots of startups grow successful here in Atlanta.

In less than 10 days we've signed almost 30 members and have another
15 requested member agreements out for signature so we are pretty
happy with our progress.  We'll be breaking even with me having a
salary if we can hit 100 members which I think we'll make within 30
days.

Anyway, the main reason I moved forward but didn't at least contact
you to joint venture was because my partner wanted to move fast and
had the financial resources to do so. I was so happy to find someone
who would finally bankroll this thing I've tried to make happen for
two years that I didn't want to rock the boat. Not sure if there will
ever be any way we can work together moving forward but I sure would
like to keep the door open for doing so if an opportunity arises.

If you are ever in Atlanta I'd love to show you the place if for no
other reason than to put a face to a voice.

-Mike Schinkel
Web Marketing Strategist and Atlanta Startup Catalyst
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeschinkel
http://twitter.com/mikeschinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com

P.S.  I started a page of coworking locations around the world on our
website and included yours:

http://www.ignitionalley.com/coworking-locations

You'll note that I've done it in such a way that the links help SEO
for each space with the keywords "{city} Coworking" where "{city}" is
their city.  So that means I've linked to your site to help you with
the keywords "Los Angeles Coworking."

I'm hoping that each site we link to will reciprocate somewhere on
their site by linking back to our site at www.ignitionalley.com with
one of the following:

-- Atlanta Coworking
-- Coworking Atlanta
-- Atlanta's Coworking Space
-- Coworking in Atlanta
-- Ignition Alley Atlanta Coworking
-- Atlanta's Coworking: Ignition Alley

Let me know if you end up doing that, and thanks much in advance.