On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Alex Hillman wrote:
> People - investing in our community is the other half.
> People leads to profit. Profit doesn't necessarily lead to people.
> Involving the community in the operations of the business has been a
> part of our secret sauce.

Thanks for sharing these Alex.  This list is such a great resource.

Can you elaborate on exactly how you involve the community in
operations of the business?  Do you open the books to the community?
Do you have them vote on enhancements?  What logistics/technologies do
you use?  Other specifics?

> 3) we've been recognized by individuals, businesses, and
> representatives of the city that our efforts and our community are a
> significant contributor to the growth and visibility of a community
> in a city that wasn't otherwise known for technology, creative, or
> independent workers.

Can you suggest how you got notices by the representatives in your
city? I'm fearing that Philadelphia is more progressive than Atlanta
in that respect...

-Mike Schinkel
Ignition Alley Atlanta Coworking
http://ignitionalley.com