On Feb 19, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Wordpress is a blog platform that can be used as a CMS, not an actual
> CMS ;)
>
> Just teasing.

Yes mine was some as light hearted teasing as well. Glad you took it as as
such. :)

Still, "many a truth said in jest" as they say. I really have seen people have
a lot more difficulty getting Drupal projects completed vs. WordPress projects
and then training users to understand Drupal is yet another complication where
it's pretty easy for users to get WordPress.  As way to explain and a rule of
thumb I tell prospective users that the minimum WordPress project cost they'd
pay a local consultant for a professional design and a bit of custom
functionality developed in PHP and/or jQuery is about $2500 vs. the minimum
Drupal is around $10k.  Drupal typically makes the first 85% easy but the last
15% can be very difficult (and hence time consuming/expensive.)

FWIW a year ago WordPress didn't have the feature set needed in core+plugins
but does now.  A partner and I are actually launching a conference in Atlanta
called "The Business of WordPress" to highlight how to use it for local
businesses in part because I want them to see how effective it is now.

-Mike Schinkel
Ignition Alley Atlanta Coworking
http://ignitionalley.com