Chris Heuer mentioned the Coworking Summit concept to me and all on the State
of
Coworking<http://socialmediaweek.org/sanfrancisco/2010/02/02/state-of-coworking/>video-call
event (original
description/RSVP list <http://coworking.eventbrite.com/>) between Citizen
Space and La Cantine during Social Media
Week<http://www.SocialMediaWeek.org/>/SF
last month, but we haven't talked about it since -- my understanding is that
it's a concept for an event he wants to hold as one of many in a big old
house he's renting for the week to make into the "Social Media
Clubhouse<http://socialmediaclubhouse.com/>"
as he's done before at other events including LeWeb Paris.

He's a longtime desk-holder at Citizen Space, experienced community
organizer and Social Media Club
<http://www.socialmediaclub.org/>co-founder. He hasn't been active on
this list since 2006.

I'll ping him (*especially since I realized that I liked the sound of the
phrase so much that I reflexively registered the domain at the time! Not
pointing anywhere yet*) - I'm hoping that the event timing will dovetail
with my narrow on-the-ground window in Austin - Saturday evening's coworking
get-together is the one thing I'm sure to make, besides a SXSW show floor
visit (apparently moved downstairs this year and bigger than ever), hanging
with friends, and, if the snow (!) has melted, going for a bike ride.
Perhaps to area coworking spaces (I've been to Conjunctured a couple times,
but not the newer ones), ToyJoy <http://www.toyjoy.com/> (ideal for
accessorizing spaces), and Ruby's BBQ <http://rubysbbq.com/> across the
street.

On the topic of mysterious coworking events in Austin during SXSWi, does
anybody know anything about the "*Coworking Congress*"? A SEO-spammy
placeholder site (*that seems to be running a feed of a coworking search on
Twitter at its heart*) is at that name dot com (I'm not about to give it any
link love), and popping up in some of my Google Alerts, promising an event
at Texas Coworking <http://www.texascoworking.com/> on March 13th, but with
absolutely no info about who, where, or what, and there's nothing on the
Texas Coworking calendar about it, and no mention of it on this list. The
2008 SXSW get-together apparently used that name, as best I can tell from a
glance at search results - but apparently there also was a meeting in TX on
January 29 of this year under that name.

I ended up keeping the Austin Coworking
MeetUp<http://www.meetup.com/CoworkingAustin/>alive (just barely)
after Launchpad dropped it, and I'm eager to get it
handed over to the folks actually doing things there, but I do want to make
sure that it's pointing to real events and used cooperatively regionally to
build the movement.

*Raines, your **Coworking Coach* <http://www.CoworkingCoach.com/>*
*