On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM, John Sechrest <sechr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So while Derek is identifying a real experience, I believe there is
> significant evidence that now is the time to have the conversations with
> your Economic Development folks and to have conversations with your Chambers
> of Commerce. If the State Association of Chambers of Commerce in Oregon is
> paying attention in a new way, I suspect your chambers and Economic
> Development folks are as well.  So now is the time for some of those
> critical conversations.
>
> And I believe with the right conversations, you will get more than referals.

The trick is to have real economic impact.  Stop thinking of your
space as subletting office space to freelancers and two person
companies.  Instead have the vision to change your city and be a piece
of infrastructure for the type of people that are employable for jobs
most cities want to have.

I am really interested in talking more about this kind of thing at the
SXSW meetups.

A recent success:
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/151506

--