Office Nomads only asks for deposits from our Resident (24/7) members. We
decided on a deposit as these folks have access to our entire space during
non-staffed hours, and thereby pose more of a risk than our part-time
members.

That said, security is more than a deposit. We have a policy with any new
Resident that they need to spend an entire week here getting to know folks
before we run their card for the deposit and first month and hand them a
keycard. It's kind of a "geting to know you" process for both us as well as
for them to be sure that staying here is what they want to do. If all goes
well, we hand them a card and go get beers. If things don't go well, we
charge them for a part-time membership for the time they were here and go
our merry ways.

Our security deposit is $500.

Hope that helps!

Susan