Confirmed. Basically, the organizations that CAN do anything offer
worse-than-average rates.

In most cities/states, it's not legal for insurance to be pooled this way.

New York was able to overcome this in the formation of The Freelancer's
Union, which is actually more of a lobby group than a union in the fact that
they actually changed legislation in NYC in order to offer a special kind of
group insurance.

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org