Gee, I must have it wrong.  I bought a 1000 piece puzzle and all our members
are contributing to building it...maybe we should just all wear suits...

Mike

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Matt London <london...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know, Rachel -- the stock photo clearly shows a group of
> professional women applauding a gentleman who is shaking hands with his
> client. Looks like community to me.
>
> ;)
>
> Matt
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM, rachel young <rac...@camaraderie.ca>wrote:
>

>> nah, they look like just another executive office franchise chain to me.
>> where is their community? where do they encourage collaboration? where do
>> they celebrate their members? where do they encourage continuity and
>> knowledge sharing?
>>
>> many times we've seen people or companies start spaces and then look for
>> the bodies to fill it and many of them have failed or became sterile stuffy
>> spaces. the old adage of "if you build it they will come" doesn't work, but
>> that's what this seems like.
>> r.
>>
>> *____________________
>> rachel young
>> *rac...@camaraderie.ca
>>

>> *
>> *
>>
>> On 22 April 2011 11:41, CoCoMSP <he...@cocomsp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all you groovy coworking types.
>>>
>>> Even here at CoCo though we're doubling down on the notion of hosting
>>> a unique destination coworking space, I'm fascinated by the
>>> possibility that somebody will eventually introduce what I
>>> affectionately call "McCoworking." By that I mean a chain of coworking
>>> spaces that are deployed across multiple locations and that employ
>>> economies of scale (e.g., franchising model, common systems, etc.). If
>>> the predictions of the
>>>
>>> So I just got wind of an effort based in our home state that you might
>>> want to check out: http://allideasmatter.com/cms/
>>>
>>> It appears to be a franchise model, which is interesting. Guessing
>>> that most of the franchisees will be in strip malls in the suburbs, as
>>> that's the most uniform real estate, in the most uniform markets...
>>>
>>> I'll let you know if I learn any more. I don't know the biz owner
>>> personally, but might be able to get through to him via intermediaries.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>  --

> Matt

"Visit http://ForCarol.com <http://forcarol.com/> and help us help a Tracy
High IB or Ag Sci student go to college.  "Carol Phan Scholarship Fund"

Mike Pihlman
AltamontCowork / ForCarol.com
95 W. 11th Street, Suite 205
Tracy, CA 95376