At The coIN Loft, we worked with the University of Delaware to develop
USEED. It's essentially a white label KickStarter for University
alumni engagement. The project went live in October and raised several
thousand dollars by Dec. 31st.

We also work with 8-10 interns throughout the year. Students are
required to cross training with all of the companies in the space, as
well as worked on ventures of their own.

Steve and I are regular judges of the business plan competitions, and
guest speak in many of the entrepreneurship and marketing
classes.

Right now we're working through a program for student entrepreneurs to
"accelerate" at coIN once they graduate. The goal isn't to help them
quickly grow a business, but anchor their ambition to a problem worth
solving. It's usually not the first idea they come up with, so they
need space and time to try a few things out. We believe a Coworking
community is the best place to do that.

I'd like to pitch an idea to you all - I've used the coworking visa a
bunch of times. I can't tell you how valuable its been. Many of our
members have used it too. However, as a startup focused space, we
often travel to get plugged in to other startup scenes. It would be
great to 1) know who the other startup focused spaces are, and 2)
create a coworking catalyst program that helps startups from other
spaces more easily connect to the resources that city has to offer.

We invited an education startup to Delaware in November because they
were having trouble gaining traction in Chicago. They worked at coIN
for a week. We introduced them to the secretary of education and two
school superintendents - as a result they are now beta-testing in two
of our largest school districts. They'll most likely have somewhere
near 4,000 users by the end of the year. Once their beta period is
over they'll move back to Chicago, and everyone will be happy. We'd
like to see Coworking spaces work like this.

Thoughts?