We use three separate systems to handle billing.  Nadine is the software we
developed that handles memberships and tracks activity.  Nadine produces a
billing report but is not integrated with the other two systems.  We use
Authorize.NET to run payments and set everyone up on automatic billing and
then everything is tracked in Quickbooks.  There are some areas we would
love to automate further although we do not want to automate everything.
 There are advantages to each step being simple and discrete and having
humans bridge the gaps.  That makes it easier to have different people on
different tasks, and the redundancy provides some check points to make sure
everything is running smoothly.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500