Thanks for all the thoughts, guys. I really don't want to be a non-profit.
I've worked in the non-profit arena for years and know many of the ins and
outs. However, as discussed here previously -- I can't get funding for
things (they all say "only for non-profits") and the recognition I'm trying
to garner, the opportunities to work with the community won't come because
the county and city I'm located in will not talk with "the competition",
with for profits, with outsiders (I'm not originally from this town). The
trials of small town farming communities. I'm just trying to figure out
what would make the mentality of people change to evolve and want to build
community. So far, I've offered free spaces on the weekends for
entrepreneurs to showcase their wares in my downtown storefront. We're
holding a FREE CYCLE event Saturday, but no one has shown interest (can't
even get the newspaper to cover it). Want to do a Dress for Success program
where entrance is free and women get professional clothes (free), a free
lunch, resume writing and work etiquette classes... Keep in mind I am in
one of the hardest hit economic locations in the country (was reliant on
auto industry up until a few years ago), and most people have lost jobs and
are now trying to start biz themselves. I'm really just trying to figure
this all out. It is MUCH different than when I did the same type of thing
in Washington, DC a few years ago when I had LOTS of people flocking to me.

I'll get it figured out some day, I'm sure. Thanks, again, all.

Nancy
Business Success Unlimited
where we help business grow: connecting, motivating and collaborating
www.success4biz.biz

 Post reply
[image: More message actions]
 Feb 15 (22 hours ago)