The combination of coworking space and business Centre is great!  Makes sense.
We've launched our Small Business Success Workshops focusing on that middle
ground as Craig calls it.  www.thecreativespace.ca/sbs
We are also providing similar classes as the Chamber or other city/government
funded business support centres, but we are filling a major gap as we see it!
The 3 main differentiators are:
1. Our classes are styled to be uber practical offering more hands on learning,
interaction, Q&A, tools and tips while the other guys offer pamphlets.(we've
heard around town how the other classes put on by the chamber or city funded
resource centres are lame)
2. Doing it our Space inspires the "pre-members" ;o) towards coworking and
being introduced to businesses at their level or higher.
3. The speakers are mostly members or affiliates and have agreed to be
"along-the-way" mentors. The attendees can book a follow up meeting with them
if Q&A doesn't cover all their questions. (just one for now - but we're working
on a mentorship program for those that want more access to consultation)

We did a Blogathon last weekend as part of our Small Business Success
extra-ciriuclar events and have a new member already!

We'll share more as they roll out.

Chad

  We offer discounts for TCS members.
On 2012-04-20, at 12:47 PM, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words Toni. I decided not to partner with existing
> programs, like the chamber of commerce, because they generally serve
> new businesses with the basics of starting a business, 101 style of
> courses. We didn't want to be that and wanted to take it up to 200 to
> 300 level (to keep with the University language). I noticed most of
> the offerings in Denver serve the low end (free or affordable) to the
> very technical and high-leve courses for hundreds of dollars and days
> at a time.  I wanted to serve right in that middle that would help
> most of the coworkers continue their education or expand it beyond the
> basics. I was able to find to quality instructors (very important to
> me) that shared my vision and so I set up a plan to share revenue more
> generously than other venues.
>
> The classes are not free for a reason. If the courses are paid for
> then there isan  accountability of quality on the instructor side and
> allows for me to figuratively slap them if they try to make it a sales
> pitch. There are plenty of free venues to learn stuff with Meetups and
> they vary in quality, and the revenue allows me to spend money to
> ensure a level of quality. It also helps Creative Density sustain
> itself and keep te coworking movement alive in Denver.
>
> Craig

Chad Ballantyne
The Creative Space Director

(705) 252-2423