Although we haven't opened I'd have to say I agree with a coworking
space being an UN-office. It's my understanding that each space has
it's own culture, hence...community, and not everyone will fit
everywhere. Some spaces will be able to accommodate both sides of the
coin.

Fortunately for us, our space has all common areas in the middle of
the building and then four quads. Each quad could essentially have
it's own personality. Yeah, our space could be quadripolar! We have an
"executive" quad, a coworking quad, a training quad that can be used
for coworking, and a "special purpose" quad. Meeting rooms are in the
training quad and because of where our Kid Connexion is located
(between the lounge and coworking quad) guests will never be directed
through the coworking quad. But, even so, I think it would be a nice
change from the stuffy office type. I've become a polo, jeans and
socks kind of girl since my escape from the corporate world. My socks
NEVER match and I'm frick'n proud of it. :-)

SOCKS:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=264423100311785&set=a.101180453302718.1859.100002322900421&type=3&theater

Toni