This thread highlights a number of my core motivations behind the wiki
project <http://opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/> we're working on.  Beyond
blogs, wikis, or whatever tool we are talking about, there are the people
that maintain the tools and keep things running.  Historically we've been
an all volunteer group which is awesome because we have so many dedicated
individuals passionate about collaborating on a global scale.  The tricky
parts come with coordinating all of the volunteers, and handling departures
in a non-disruptive way.  The real system we are working hard to create
with the wiki project isn't a wiki, but a non-volunteer, non-commercial
team of people who can maintain the systems we all use to collaborate and
communicate.  If you are interested in helping us achieve this goal, there
are many ways to
participate<http://www.opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/participate/>.
 I don't mean to hijack this thread to make a pitch, but I saw an
opportunity to express *why* we've taken on this project.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500