(Hablo espanol - si hay alguien quien quiere leer ese mensaje pero no lee
ingles, solo tirame un correo y les voy a comunicar directo)

*Hi all!*

My name's Jay, I'm* starting up a coworking space* in the seethingly
creative, entrepeneurial, interdisciplinary hotbed of *Melbourne, Australia.
*

First up - a HUGE thanks for the resources posted by many of you in this
and other contexts, it's mighty enabling!

I'd love to come and *visit some existing coworking spaces*, and perhaps
talk with founders/facilitators/leaders as well as members.

I'll be in *California between 15th and 20th* of June (yes, next week!).

Then in *Europe around the 27th June to the 3rd July* (with Germany as the
epicentre - but have questions, will travel!).

Then *Hong Kong/China 4th July to round 11th* (mostly Shenzhen but maybe up
to Beijing as well).

If anybody would be available that would be great - and if any of you can
suggest a kind of bucket list of cowork spaces in the region - like any
that are so good they shouldn't be missed! -  that'd be appreciated too.

A bit about myself - I'm an ex NGO manager with heavy chops in volunteer
management, informal learning, community development, systemic advocacy,
and change, with recent years dedicated to entrepeneurial endeavours in
everything from phones to jewelry, IT startups to underground music events.
In between I've been a chef, DJ, scuba diver, writer, and astrologer. I
probably shouldn't have left that one til last! Anyway I'm a
multidisciplinary thinker and I can promise some good listening skills -
maybe even some helpful insight from an outsiders POV - I've done lots of
organisational consulting on change dynamics and similar processes.

For the cowork space we're developing in Melbourne's north (Thornbury),
I'll be taking my cue from what many of you people have articulated about
the importance of developing some kind of core community first. So we're
renovating a building now but in the next days watch for an invitation to
get involved and shape everything from the name to the membership
structure. I'm open to any and all advice and will be posting questions
here to you good people just as soon as I've read through the treasure
trove that is the back catalogue of posts in this forum!

Thanks! Jay