We run pfsense on an old P3 machine and it works great.  The WAN fail-over
is a little clunky so don't expect seamless transitions.  It takes about 10
seconds to switch over and all VPNs, file transfers, etc are dropped.  That
said, 10 seconds of outage is better then being down.  That's why we pay
$200/month for a second internet connection.  We balance it out by having
that line (comcast) handle all our phones (4).

Wifi we are happy with our Airport Extreme.  5000sqft and solid coverage.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500