Every so often we come across a study that really makes us jealous because
we wish we had done it:).  What Grownups Want From
Coworking<http://www.serendipitylabs.com/what-grownups-want-from-coworking/>,
from Serendipity Labs, describes the results of really cool study of
corporate workers.  It covers what these folks look for in workspaces.  The
key findings are:

The research indicates corporate knowledge workers rank the top needs as
follows:

   1. Spacious, clean design, natural light
   2. Location close to home, but not at home
   3. Quiet spaces, confidentiality, ability to focus
   4. Reliability of technology and services
   5. IT security, material and personal safety
   6. Flexible, inspiring , collaborative spaces
   7. Accessibility to transportation & amenities
   8. Social interaction, community, networking

No great surprises but they used a very clever research approach.  They
recruited
150 corporate workers and for two months they had them load photos of their
ideal workspaces into an online forum and engaged them in an ongoing online
dialogue about their workplace needs.

I hoping to get more details on the study.  I'm sure there were a lot of
interesting insights beyond those in the article.