I love geeking out about this stuff and noodling on business plans.  Count
me in.  We tend to lean on the simple side of things and only have one
revenue stream: memberships.  I think there are a lot of projects that fit
the three points you bring up Craig that, if done right, bring in more
members, and keep the members you have happy.  Personally I find this
approach easier to manage because there is only one source of revenue to
track and individual initiatives don't have to live or die by the numbers.
 That's my take and I also have five years of numbers to play with.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500