The real answer to your question is in knowing your market, not know what works
for us. The reason we've made it work is because we took the time to build our
community, who they were and what they wanted, and they effectively answered
all of the questions that you have and more.

I agree with Jerome that there isn't a perfect ratio, and what you offer
leading to success will depend on your community and the demand. We have zero
private offices and are profitable.

The "secret sauce" to coworking business models is to strike the appropriate
balance between offering flexibility without creating high-turnover
memberships. Month-to-month memberships are very attractive to coworking
prospects compared to office rentals, but if people come in simply to rent
cheap workspace month-to-month, you're going to end up losing a ton of money to
turnover.

Every community has a different blend of full time, flex, offices, events, and
other income streams. The difference isn't the business plan, it's the
community. Build that first, and the business plan will be informed by the
people.

I have a ton of recommended reading that I've collected, including business &
marketing stuff, over here:
http://masterclass.indyhall.org/recommended-reading.html

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia
pre-order my new eBook, "the business of community"