I answered a "how" we provide coffee question here a while back:
http://www.quora.com/Coworking/Whats-the-best-way-of-providing-coffee-in-my-new-coworking-space/answer/Alex-Hillman?srid=xym&st=ns

We've since added a new Chemex pourover, and an espresso machine that gets
daily use, but not a lot.

But as I mention in my Quora post, it's the beans that are worth spending the
money on. Almost daily we get comments about how great our coffee is, even the
stuff that just comes out of the commercial drip setup. It comes down to 1) a
decent water filter + 2) the best local, fresh roasted beans you can buy,
ground to use. We picked up a commercial coffee grinder like the ones you see
in a grocery store last year after killing a bunch of consumer burr grinders
and it's been awesome.

But back to your question about budgeting for coffee, we spent $5600 in 2012 on
beans and related supplies, up from $3500 in 2011. That's $110/week on average.
I hesitate to crunch that number down to the individual day or even person,
because it would not be representative of anything worth making decisions based
upon.

But I'd also urge you to rethink your strategy about comparing your membership
costs to cups of coffee at Starbucks. You're selling something that Starbucks
can't offer (and I'm not talking about the space), so price fixing against them
(and worse, below them) for the sake of marketing sounds like a decision that
you'll regret before long.

Think about the value you're offering. It should be a LOT more than the coffee.
Why price yourself below coffee costs?

Furthermore, anyone drinking 10 cups of coffee in a day is likely to be a short
term member, given the likelihood that their heart explodes from
over-caffeination ;)

Bottom line takeaways:
1) Buy the best coffee you can afford. Buy fresh, local beans. Grind every pot
fresh. Your members will thank you, and tell their friends.
2) Price on value, not on your "competition". Starbucks probably isn't your
competition.

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia