Alex..for one, Hanoi, or Vietnam, for that matter, is still a city/country
trying to overcome its past and in the process of achieving economic growth
as an emerging economy. The idea of co-working is still very new in Vietnam
with less than 5 in the country. I'll probably be #5. To your $0 idea in
building community, it works when you're able to gather or are exposed to a
wider like-minded individuals who understand the concept. At the moment, I
have to equate co-working space to Business Centers or Virtual Office...at
one point, it was compared to an internet cafe/bar. As it is, I'm having a
hard time telling people why I love working out of a cafe even tho I have
an office.

There's still this perception of what corporate world is...the image in the
minds of the young...sort of akin to the 80s graduates? But I'm optimistic,
given the high percentage of Vietnamese under 35 (about 50%). With the easy
access of internet here (much much better than China. My 3G plan is $2 per
month on pre-paid card), I'm sure the idea of co-working, once introduced,
will spread virally.