Alex and Rachel,

We haven't decided to go virtual or physical yet. The plan is start with a
simple sign in sheet after they have been in the space the first time. A
low tech way is sometimes the simplest way. They will have a physical to
identify themselves as a member. I don't want the person to have to check
in with a person because all of the spaces are staffed 100% of the time,
like Creative Density. I am here 80% of the time but am out for a meeting
or running an errand once or twice during the day.

I am looking for a simple check in service similar to the reward programs
like Spot On that are popping in retailers. Passport holders will simply
swipe a card or type in a pin at an iPad or something up front. If we find
something in the next two months then we will just launch with that. This
will track everything and provide some data about time, how frequent
someone uses a space, which space, etc.

The purpose to make it easy for companies to buy multiple memberships and
allow workers to find the best community for the individual. It makes
things simple for everyone. $15 for each day pass to the space owner, $350
to $400 for a passport.

This is not designed to be a project to scale to huge numbers, really over
150 passport holders or so, because we want it to the be local. Once we let
it get too big then we have to worry about member distribution, passport
holders taking over too many spaces, and the logistics and policies that
came with a larger program. This is a local venture to support remote
workers and help Denver coworking spaces meet their financial obligations.

As for fundraising for Denver Coworks we seeked sponsors for Denver
Coworking week and raised around $1500. This money went to t-shirts, bbqs,
and left a bit in the pot for the group's future activities. We are
debating whether new members should pay a joiners fee of $100 to $200 to
contribute to the pot but we don't want to shut new spaces from joining the
group knowing that money is an issue. We also are getting request from real
estate groups and businesses that want to speak to the group and we will
charge them a fee to do so. We are also debating an annual fee for being
part of the group, sponsors for events and the entire group. We don't have
many financial obligations but a small pot of money would give us the
freedom to raise awareness together with a campaign.