I think that she (not he - worth noting!) pinpoints a lot of elements that
are worth taking note of. Over the years I've noticed that members come to
coworking spaces not to be sold things, but usually to fulfill more
emotional needs. I heard a lot of that frustration in Rebekah's article,
and it's worth taking note of instead of simply shrugging off. Because the
emotional stuff is complicated and tough to put your finger on sometimes.
But paying attention to it is critical to ensuring the sustainability of
your coworking community.

Sure, we can shrug and say that she should have kept looking for the right
space (and I'd recommend that she keep looking - sounds like she hasn't
found the right spot yet). But there are a lot of lessons in there that we
can glean as well. She specifically calls out that the space was organized
in such a way that it was nearly impossible to build a culture. We should
be listening to feedback like that - even in spaces where we feel like
we've got the culture "right." I read this article and dove right away into
reviewing our systems here at Office Nomads to be sure that we encourage
our members to build the culture here as much as they want to.

Again, it's easy to shrug off articles like this and point holes in this
individual's experience, but look closer and you'll find there is a lot to
be learned from her experience.

__
Office Nomads
officenomads.com