Misread the name. Sorry for the gender slip.
And to Trevor's point about contributing to the culture of the space
instead of trying to build a culture inside a culture - spot on, mate.

Aaron Cruikshank
Principal, CRUIKSHANK
phone: 778.908.4560
e-mail: aa...@cruikshank.me
web: cruikshank.me <http://www.cruikshank.me>
twitter: @cruikshank <https://twitter.com/cruikshank>
book a meeting: doodle.com/cruikshank <http://www.doodle.com/cruikshank>
linkedin: in/cruikshank <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cruikshank>

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Susan Dorsch <su...@officenomads.com> wrote:

> [...]
> are worth taking note of. Over the years I've noticed that members come to
> coworking spaces not to be sold things, but usually to fulfill more
> emotional needs. I heard a lot of that frustration in Rebekah's article,
> and it's worth taking note of instead of simply shrugging off. Because the
> emotional stuff is complicated and tough to put your finger on sometimes.
> But paying attention to it is critical to ensuring the sustainability of
> your coworking community.
>
> Sure, we can shrug and say that she should have kept looking for the right
> space (and I'd recommend that she keep looking - sounds like she hasn't
> found the right spot yet). But there are a lot of lessons in there that we
> can glean as well. She specifically calls out that the space was organized
> in such a way that it was nearly impossible to build a culture. We should
> be listening to feedback like that - even in spaces where we feel like
> we've got the culture "right." I read this article and dove right away into
> reviewing our systems here at Office Nomads to be sure that we encourage
> our members to build the culture here as much as they want to.
>
> Again, it's easy to shrug off articles like this and point holes in this
> individual's experience, but look closer and you'll find there is a lot to
> be learned from her experience.

> __
> Office Nomads
> officenomads.com
> 206-323-6500(o)
> 206-484-5859(m)
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Aaron Cruikshank <aa...@cruikshank.me>
> wrote:
>
>> Sounds to me like this is not the kind of guy who should be in a
>> coworking space.
>> I used to get these kinds of guys all the time at the space I used to run
>> and I would always re-direct them to local tech incubators. Not that
>> they're any less noisy or chaotic...
>> It sounds like what he needed was a private office but all he could
>> afford was hotdesking.
>>
>> Aaron Cruikshank
>> Principal, CRUIKSHANK
>> phone: 778.908.4560
>> e-mail: aa...@cruikshank.me
>> web: cruikshank.me <http://www.cruikshank.me>
>> twitter: @cruikshank <https://twitter.com/cruikshank>
>> book a meeting: doodle.com/cruikshank <http://www.doodle.com/cruikshank>
>> linkedin: in/cruikshank <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cruikshank>
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Susan Dorsch <su...@officenomads.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Out in the New York Times (h/t to Steve King
>>> <http://www.twitter.com/smallbizlabs> - I caught the article via his
>>> Twitter Feed):
>>> http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/why-i-ditched-my-co-working-space/
>>>
>>> There is so much I could say about this article, but I'll just start
>>> with saying how useful I think this piece is for any
>>> owner/cultivator/tummler out there. Lots of food for thought in there.

>>> 206-323-6500(o)