We lucked out with our building. It was used as a realty office before, so
it had a electronic keypad lock from Simplex

I like it overall.

   - Pros:
      - Made for the thin doors like you're describing
      - six digit codes are all that it takes to open the door, no key, no
      fob, no additional cost
      - programmable actions like "If a code from this group is entered on
      a weekday between 7am and 9am, unlock the door" and "auto lock at 5pm" so
      the space is open even if I'm on vacation, and it doesn't stay open on a
      holiday.
      - I have a csv file in my dropbox so I can send anyone a keycode for
      any reason if I want (as long as I keep track of who has which)
      - 4 year on the same watch battery
   - Cons
      - The software for mine requires a physical connection to the lock
      (so I just generate 150 codes at a time, makes lock maintenance a
quarterly
      project). I think the current locks have wifi.
      - the software for mine only runs on Windows XP