Hi everyone!

I've been perusing the world of co-working for some time now: I contacted
co-working spaces and fairly annoyed owners/founders/members etc. with
questions related to the efficacy and efficiency of the co-working mode of
work organization for the members.

Changes on work (automated, outsourced), on the workforce (mobile,
knowledge-enabled) and on the labour market in general, both at the
individual and at the organizational level (from standard employment to
self-employment, temporary agency worker, franchises, joint ventures) are
evident. One, when not the main, cause for these evolutions is to be
searched in the introduction and implementation of information and
communication technologies within and across organizational boundaries.
Co-working situates itself in this scenario of increased personal freedom
and generalized insecurity.

Now, since the deadline for my dissertation on the subject is approaching
and since I'm not done bothering people around, I'm going to throw a
billion-dollar question: *do you think that co-working will be the future
of that fluid world of work I've here very briefly described? In this
sense, can it substitute the "old" manufacturing industry (perhaps in a
return to the artisans' guilds or as akin to the emergent communities of
practice)?*

Thanks to anyone who will share his/her thoughts. Much appreciated.