If you search the archives of this group you'll find a bunch of good threads on
this topic! Here's one:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/coworking/Music/coworking/k7-t8U4LkMA

One thing that I notice in Coworking spaces with no music is FAR less
interaction between people because they're concerned about breaking the
silence. It's one of the very first things I notice when I visit a new space:
the silence is often deafening.

Having something - almost anything - softly playing is generally better than
nothing at all. People tend to get MOST annoyed by music when it's the same
stuff over and over and over, so plan to switch it up.

/ah
indyhall.org