I wrote this on my Facebook page.  But, before I paste it here I would like
to thank ALL of those among you who helped me TREMENDOUSLY over the years
(you know who you are from private conversations).  You are my
inspirations, and, please keep up the fight for collaborative, open, work!
I became too old (at 63) to continue the fight from this direction, but, I
will continue from another (you will have to read my pasted posting to the
end!).

To all the new people here (by new those who came after May 2009)...good
luck and do not ever give up, or change the values that you believe in....

COWORKING (without a hyphen) ROCKS!!!

----
AFTER 67 months of trying (65 of those at a loss), we will closing
AltamontCowork on Dec 31, 2014.

COWORKING in Tracy, CA WILL happen sometime in the future; when the CULTURE
changes sufficiently to understand the beauty of, and embrace: Open,
Collaborative, Work.

When will that happen???? I suspect 5 to 20 years.

Why that long???

Here is the clue: Those accepting, and fully embracing, this kind of work
environment are just NOW 25 years old or YOUNGER. It will take 5 to 20
years for the oldest of them to "grow" sufficiently (and for us old farts
to die off so they have the road ahead free of us) to have a major impact
in the world.

THEN the world of collaborative work will change, but, only then. The
circle of life. The youngsters of today will embrace collaborative work in
the future....hail to them!

Tracy, CA Residents: When you see that next COWORKING location open up
here....all I ask is that you have a fleeting memory of
AltamontCowork....as we will ALWAYS be the first!

We have met many wonderful people and made some wonderful, lifelong,
friends. There have been fun times and hard times. But, I appreciate each
and every one who supported AltamontCowork (or Tracy Virtual Office...who
remembers?) over the years.

The very very special people among you know who you are. (Yes, Tom Gardner
knew....)

BUT....Like in Harry Potter: The Phoenix rises.

On Jan 1, 2015, YeOldeTechy (does anyone remember?) will rise again as:
TechyMike

http://TechyMike.com/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FTechyMike.com%2F&h=AAQGcO282&s=1>

Cue the music from "Jaws".....haha

------

--
Buy From *Amazon* and help ForCarol.com. Click on this link:
http://smile.amazon.com/ch/45-1499304