Wow! I can't believe how eerily similar our stories are! I'm going into my
third year now and my biggest challenge has been educating my community on
what coworking is and how it can benefit them. The town I live in is about
32,000 in population with a strong history in the mining industry. There is
a small group of bright and forward thinking individuals , though, that
want to see our economy here revitalized by other industries. At times,
there seems to be a strong sentiment against these ideas and how quickly
technology is advancing. There is the fear that this small laid back town
will end up like the dreaded "big city" just an hour east of us. Because I
currently have no members, I supplement my income with another part time
job and teaching one on one computer classes. Someday, this will make sense
to these people. Meanwhile, I press on. Isn't this what makes up "pioneers"?