After dozens of agents who didn't have a clue, I lucked out and found an
AMAZING agent who has consistently helped us get the coverage we need. That
includes alcohol (on site and off-site) and other special events insurance.

And she's helped tonsssss of US based coworking spaces get very affordable
policies when other agents were quoting insanely high premiums. According
to Diane (my agent):

The problem that other agents have with quoting coworking spaces is that
> most insurance companies do not have an actual “cookie cutter” insurance
> classification available that fits a coworking operation and most agents
> don’t have a grasp on the understanding of the coworking operation which in
> turn, results in underwriters not having a clear understanding of the
> operation.

> When the underwriters are not forced to “think outside the box” to see
> that a coworking operation will qualify for a different class code than a
> lessor’s risk class code, they nor their quoting system will allow it,
> resulting in preposterous premiums that do not accurately reflect the risk.

Thanks to working with you I have an understanding of how the coworking
> spaces operate and what it entails.  In turn, I have taught some of my
> specific underwriters to have the same understanding, and to see things my
> way.

You can reach out to her directly: Diane Cheezum <
di...@preston-patterson.com>

Good luck!

-Alex

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com
Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Gretchen Bilbro <gretchen.bil...@gmail.com