Hello, I'm the IT Manager for our company, we use mainly Sharp MFP's in our
space, and these machines (as well as others) have the ability to print by
User number only. When Sharp releases a new printer, they also release the
Mac/PC and linux printer drivers. They don't work for tablets, and smart
phones, that's the one down side. But for lap tops and desktops, they work
just fine. This then allows the center coordinator to pull a report from
the printer at the end of the month, and simply upload that CSV straight in
to our Coworking Software and that automatically add's the
printing/Scanning/Faxing/Copying charges to their monthly invoice. (That
get auto billed on the first of the month)

We setup a URL that has the printer drivers on them, and our members can
self install with the help of a 1 page printer driver install guide we
created.
We have been doing this for the last 5 years, in 5 different locations.
Seems to work perfectly.