We once signed up a customer with a 18 month commitment and regretted that
decision. This customer did not gel well with our existing members and we
did not have the luxury to fire her and move on. In my experience one month
commitment ensure best behavior of all parties: keeps the operator on his
toes, keeps the customer well mannered and gives the necessary flexibility
to both the customer as well as the operator.