Hi Everyone!

Short intro, I'm Bart and I am one of the founders of mr.Watson, which is a
private social network for coworking spaces, located in The Netherlands. We
have had a focus on the community part from the beginning on. Creating a
platform that is focused on building trust and stimulating and facilitating
bottom-up initiative. By giving members the opportunity to get in touch
with each other easily, setting up events them selfs, managing shared
facilities etc. We are traditionally coming from the member side, instead
of the community management side. The spaces we were visiting and located
in ourselves back then were not that well managed. So we started building
our tool as a tool for the members to get more value from the community by
themselves. Just after a while we started moving from that positions to
being a tool for coworking spaces and shared offices in a broader sense.

One thing we learned, developing our product, is the possibilities of
integrating the social and the practical / management part. We always had
the idea to integrate our social approach with the practical / managerial
part, with mr.Watson as 'the member focused front-end'. As soon as we
started doing this and integrated room booking software and a fix-it
service application we saw what integrating practical tools in a social
environment could do. You could say online got the 'coffee machine effect'
as well. As you go to the coffee machine for a cup of coffee (practical
reason) you bumb into a coworker, sharing at least a simple and short,
trust enhancing, shared experience. Online we saw that members that were
difficult to involve in the social part to start of with did go to
mr.Watson to book a room (practical), while being there they saw the faces,
names, events and conversations going on and, when relevant, they started
participating themselves as well. Eventually these members got more and
more involved socially both on- and offline.

Like Alex said, I also believe that trust building is a great part and we
try to bring this into our product. In such a way that members feel the
confidence to start playing an active role in the community (building) as
well. We are learning every day and are looking to add new trust building
elements (coming soon: the facegame) and integrate with practical /
management tools as well (would love to get in touch with you guys at Cobot
as well!).