Had no idea gravity had got so good these days!

We use a standard form from one of our systems for tours (either Nexudus or
Podio, can't remember which now, but it's not important as they would both
work)

Main thing is that no one can join us without doing a tour, we've literally
taken all the sign up stuff off our site- just that tour form.

Once they are in, they get added to Podio as a lead, and Nexudus as a
contact, and mailchimp.  Lots of automation set up on the Mailchimp side
using segments- they get reminded about their tour, then once they've done
it they get kicked into the "trial day sequence" (if they don't turn up
they get kicked into the "rebook a tour sequence"), and from there into the
signup sequence (which contains the secret/nonpublic sign up links), and
onto the 5 part "new member induction" email series.  Depending on whether
they drop out of that funnel before they become a member, they end up
either in the "member" or "general email" segment.

And when they join we've got a 9 stage zap which does all kinds of cool
stuff and looks like this http://screencast.com/t/7En3trjD (it even checks
if they have a LinkedIn and if so it includes the LinkedIn URL to their
members intranet welcome message)

And I get a notification on my smart watch of their name and picture the
first time they check in as a member, so I know to say hello when I see
them!