Bernie, I'll ask the members involved if they'd like to be on the podcast
and we'll set a date. OuiShare looks neat, and I've been curious about the
culture at Enspiral and Loomio for awhile now.

Chris, Allison, and Alex Hillman: We'd value any tips and I can share what
we do and learn via this group. I've also thought about starting a group
for growing healthy place-based communities with monthly or weekly meetings
via phone. The core principles (and the questions that led to this topic
coming up) would be:
https://collectiveagency.co/2016/11/19/governance-guidelines/ I could see
that being a membership organization of membership organizations - might
you be interested? To participate or listen in on the open member meetings,
people need to be members or visiting here with a member. Our current
membership options are at http://collectiveagency.co/membership/

Allison -
 - how many members total are at Free Range, and how many members
self-identify as persons of color (and how many subgroups have more
specific labels, such as Cuban, or African American, or Somalian, or
otherwise)?
 - Do you see any differences in interaction style or desired amenities or
work style or types of companies they're at, or after-work
activities/lifestyles?
 - Do people tend to group by demographics? At Collective Agency it seems
that people do not group by demographics, although some people whom I'd
guess self-identify as differently from how they perceive other people tend
to self-isolate more.
 - What other places do you look to for inspiration?
- With the meetings you host that attract members, my sense is that having
a "Persons of Color" meetup (or for women, in the years before we got to be
pretty equal on the women-men ratio, a "Women Who Code" meetup) would not
increase membership, but having a meetup where some people happen to be
persons of color would increase membership. Do you have thoughts on that?

I'm treating this topic the way I treat all topics here - we'll meet on the
sofas in the Loft for the weekly open member meeting (it's 20 minutes at
each location, but we go over to 30 minutes sometimes if people want),
we'll start by going around and each person says their name and something
they're passionate about in 30 seconds or less, we'll cover upcoming events
like the holiday party and check in on any other items people want to
cover, and then focus on: clarifying questions, then concerns, then
suggestions for things we can do, all within the Community Guidelines
http://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines/ Two or three of us have
done research (this is part of my research), and one of my clarifying
questions will be: on a day that we have 40 members here, how many do we
want to self-identify as what labels? This is the topic at the NW location
where 3 members other than myself have said they very much want more
diversity (but not at the Division location, where no one has requested
it), it came out of a vision/values survey which included the governance
questions above. 3 members who very much want something is enough for us to
make it happen.

Alex Linsker, Collective Agency