I recently joined a custom Mastadon server that has a funny tweak: you're
not allowed to use the letter "E" or any character variation on it.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/its-like-tweeting-but-you-cant-use-the-letter-e

It's a silly constraint that leads to some rather clever writing. Not
something I've really spent much time with, but it reminds me of some of
the early internet communities that I joined in that it's relatively small
and the ability to create these special sub communities is kinda like how
forums have sub-forums, allowing more focused conversations to thrive.

Would be fun to see something like this set up for coworking. I presume
someone has to pay for the server to keep it running, right? Or is there a
way to run one for free?

-Alex

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten