This is a topic of much interest to me.

I opened my coworking space, www.co-up.co a couple of years ago. The local
University are now developing a site just across the river. I would love to
try and collaborate/partner with them - I believe we could add so much
value to each of our organisations!

I know their previous attempts at 'coworking' have not been a great
success. I understand that they may feel that they have all the resources
they need. Over and above a genuine and connected community of industry
professionals what else can a small independent coworking space offer a
University? Is there enough space between education and start up for an
independent space to sit?