We also communicate ourselves as staffed during biz hours. Members are almost
always there before and after we are "open" but we can't guarantee it.

We set up a process for earning trust and getting a key, which allows for
re-entry after hours. The important part with our process is that it clearly
shifts 24:7 access from being a perk to a responsability, akin to a
neighborhood watch.

https://dangerouslyawesome.com/2014/07/the-neighborhood-watch-method-for-coworking-space-security/

But your question wasn't about member, it was about meetups and events. In my
experience most Meetup organizers don't want to pay a rate (there's always
cheap or free space somewhere else) that would justify late night staffing.

So we link this to our neighborhood watch keyholder setup. It goes like this:

- meetups and groups organized by trusted keyholder are easy, since someone in
the group knows what to do at the end of the night.
- if a group doesn't have a keyholder, it's their responsibility to connect
with a keyholder who is interested in their event and willing to "co-host" with
them. That helps ensure some internal member buy in too, instead of just having
randos using the space.

This way, there is always at least one trusted member around who is invested in
the event AND the shared space, and can help make sure end of night procedures
are followed.

Hope this helps you, Miles!

Alex