I’m exploring getting an SBA 504 loan
<https://www.nybdc.com/about-us/SBA-504-Loans_54_24_sb.htm> to purchase the
building I’ve been in for 10 years. They’re arguing that coworking isn’t
eligible, as it’s a passive business, primarily engaged in real estate in which
we lease (license) it out to accommodate independent businesses that provide
services directly to the public.

I think those of us who own or manage coworking spaces would not call it
passive… but has anyone had any experience successfully navigating this?

Thanks!
scott.

  - --    -
SCOTT TILLITT
PR yogi + social entrepreneur + community catalyst + meditator
//  Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/scott.tillitt>  /  LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/tillitt/>  //  917.449.6356

BEAHIVE <http://www.beahivebzzz.com/>  //  pioneering spaces for work +
community + possibilities

ANTIDOTE COLLECTIVE <http://antidotecollective.org/>  //  communications +
projects for a better world

  - --    -  t h i n k / f e e l  -    -- -
"...an idea or product that deserves the label 'creative' arises from the
synergy of many sources and not only from the mind of a single person." —
Mihaly Csikszentmihaly