On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Graham Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I disagree. When CPAN testers was setup, a FAIL was sent if the tests
> failed. If the Makefile.PL does not complete then you cannot know if the
> tests fail or not, hence an UNKNOWN situation

That may have been the original intent, but it wasn't how CPANPLUS
implemented it, apparently, and that was what I took as a reference
standard when I wrote CPAN::Reporter.

I'm open to reverting back to that behavior (in CPAN::Reporter at
least and perhaps we can send Jos a patch) if there's consensus to do
so.  It certainly would make UNKNOWN a far more useful grade than it
is currently.

-- David