On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Sisyphus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried to find the original post where Graham expressed the view quoted
> above ... but failed to do so.
> Seems to me that Graham's argument also applies to situations where 'perl
> Makefile.PL' went fine, but the 'make' process failed. That is, if the make
> process fails "then you cannot know if the tests fail or not, hence an
> UNKNOWN situation".

Maybe there should be more possible report values?

FAIL and PASS can be kept for when the actual tests fail or pass
but there should be also

MAKE_FAIL fr when the make phase failes

MAKEPL_FAIL fails when Makefile.PL exits with error code

and I leave it open to the discussion what to do when
Makefile.PL exits with 0 but there is no Makefile  ?

Gabor