On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>  Pros:
>>    + In theory is safer than full smoke, since only testing "trusted"
>> distros (and their deps) -- the user trusted the distro enough to
>> install it in the first place.
>
> For additional safety you might want to limit the installations to
>
> 1) Modules that already have N reports in the database
>    meaning that some other testers have already tested it.
>
> 2) Modules that have been on CPAN for at least M days
>    hoping that if the module and its tests do something bad
>    someone has already caught this, reported to the
>    "rulers of CPAN" and the module was taken off CPAN.

ah -- i like those!  Suggestions on defaults for N & M?  I guess i'll
look at my installed systems as examples and see what gets excluded
for different values ...

Any thoughts on CPAN::Reporter::Smoker::Safer for the namespace? i
also like ::Installed, but taking into account the above, which shifts
the focus a little, I'm leaning toward ::Safer.
(does ::Safer imply a negative connotation towards CPAN::Reporter::Smoker?)

thanks,
--david