Mike -- the directory is set from the CPAN 'prefs_dir' option.  By
default, I think it is ~/.cpan/prefs  (unfortunately, on Windows,
that's like "c:\documents and settings\david\Local
Settings\.cpan\prefs")

My current distroprefs are in my git repository -- you can browse them here:

http://echo.dagolden.com/git/?p=distroprefs;a=tree

If you want to clone them, if you have git you can do this:

$ git clone git://echo.dagolden.com/git/distroprefs

Note -- I'm not terribly consistent as to which file I put things. I
also have never gone back to remove things if newer releases fixed the
problem.

You should at least look at the "never.yml" file.

-- David