Mike <mw...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Where the rubber meets the road-
>
> What is the default full pathname of the distroprefs file for CPAN.pm?  Can
> someone post a file they use as an example?

Specify the directory within the CPAN shell with

   o conf prefs_dir /path/to/distroprefs

and save with

   o conf commit

The distroprefs files are YAML files (usually) and used not only for
exclusion of distribution, but also for all kind of setting
interactive and noninteractive options. My collection of distropref
files may be found in this CVS repository:

    cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@srezic.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/srezic login
    cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@srezic.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/srezic co
srezic-misc/cpan-prefs

Search for "disabled" for an example how to skip a distribution.

> Same for CPANPLUS.pm- What is the default full pathname of the
> distroprefs file for CPANPLUS.pm?  Can someone post a file they use?

Does CPANPLUS have already adopted distroprefs? I don't think so. But
the CPANPLUS based smokers should have at least some kind of skip
file.

Regards,
    Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

    tkrevdiff - graphical display of diffs between revisions (RCS, CVS or SVN)
    http://ptktools.sourceforge.net/#tkrevdiff