David Golden wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams
> <ch...@bingosnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:57:06AM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
>>> /RECENT is what I've been feeding my testers from for ages.
>> /RECENT is a symlink as far as I can see from my CPAN mirror
>> lrwxrwxrwx   1 537   537      20 Feb 23 03:36 RECENT -> indices/RECENT-print
> authors/RECENT.recent is really the key file for having the most
> up-to-date distributions
> modules/RECENT.recent covers the 02packages.details.txt file, but that
> updates via cronjob, not on demand as distributions are indexed, so it
> can lag anyway.

I don't mind lag, as my testers only fire up once a day, and even then
they only fire up when I'm around - I don't let them run entirely
unattended.  RECENT typically covered about a week of uploads.
RECENT.recent currently has three uploads in it, or about an hour's worth.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Compromise: n: lowering my standards so you can meet them